Zenith Defy 21 Dubai Mall Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Over the years, the emirate of Dubai has become a global hub for fine watchmaking. Steeped in tradition yet unrelentingly reaching towards the future, Dubai and Zenith are a perfect match. Located in Dubai Mall, the booming emirate’s largest and most luxurious shopping destination, the Zenith boutique in Dubai hosts the entire Zenith collection in a prime location.
And as of November, the Dubai Mall boutique becomes the first stop in a traveling pop-up exhibition that brings together a selection of current Haute Horlogerie pieces as well as a selection of rare and sought-after pieces from the past decade, some of which have never been presented in Dubai until now. Coinciding with this special exhibition, the Zenith Dubai Mall boutique is launching its own exclusive Zenith Defy El Primero 21 edition.
For this special boutique edition of the Defy El Primero 21, Zenith opted for tones of green – inside and out. Across the Middle East, green is the colour of, luck, fertility and wealth. Crafted in a light and robust titanium case, the Zenith Defy 21 Dubai Mall edition features a green dial with white, red and black accents. The 1/100th of second automatic chronograph movement, visible through the partially open dial, is also finished in a metallic green tone – a first for Zenith.
Unlike the regular Zenith Defy 21 (please read more about here) that has open chronograph counters, the Defy 21 Dubai Mall edition mixes tradition and modernity with closed counters, appearing as if floating above the open dial and movement. Completing the green theme of this special Defy 21 is a khaki green cordura-effect rubber strap. The watch also comes with a textured black rubber strap.
Visitors of the Zenith Dubai Mall boutique are in for a horological treat. Rare, exceptional and sought-after Zenith haute horlogerie creations from the last decade will be available for purchase for a limited time at the boutique. Highlights include a selection of ground-breaking and commemorative pieces from the Academy collection, including some of the earliest watches to feature Zenith’s revolutionary gyroscopic “Gravity Control” mechanism as well as special editions boasting exceptional métiers d’art artisanal crafts.
Alongside these are more recent complicated pieces including the Zenith Defy Zero G (please read more about here) and Zenith Defy Fusee Tourbillon. The exhibition is making its debut in Dubai for a few months, before moving to other Zenith boutiques around the world, including Singapore and Tokyo.
Zenith Defy 21 Dubai Mall Edition
· Reference: 95.9016.9004/08.R942
· Key Points: 1/100th of a second Chronograph movement. Exclusive dynamic signature of one rotation per second for the Chrono hand, 1 escapement for the Watch (36,000 VpH - 5 Hz); 1 escapement for the Chronograph (360,000 VpH - 50Hz). Certified Chronometer
· Movement: El Primero 9004, Automatic
· Calibre: 14 1⁄2``` (Diameter: 32mm)
· Frequency: 36,000 VpH (5 Hz)
· Power-reserve: min. 50 hours
· Finishing: Khaki green colored main plate on movement + Special khaki green colored oscillating weight with satined finishings
· Functions: Hours and minutes in the centre. Small seconds at 9 o'clock. 1/100th of a
· second Chronograph: Central chronograph hand that makes one turn each second, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock, 60-second counter at 6 o'clock, Chronograph power-reserve indication at 12 o'clock
· Material: Brushed titanium
· Diameter: 44mm
· Dial: Openworked with 3 green subdials
· Case-back: Transparent sapphire crystal
· Water-resistance: 10 ATM
· Hour-markers: Rhodium-plated, faceted and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C1
· Hands: Rhodium -plated, faceted and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C1
· Bracelet &Buckle: Green "Cordura effect" rubber strap. Also available on black rubber bracelet. Titanium double folding clasp.
The price for the Zenith Defy 21 Dubai Mall Edition Ref. 95.9016.9004/08.R942 is CHF 12,900.