Zenith DEFY 21 Land Rover Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
When two partners who are pioneers in their respective fields come together, the results can be unexpected and exciting. Coinciding with the release of the next-generation Land Rover Defender, a total redesign of the emblematic, all-terrain vehicle with its most significant evolution to date, Zenith and the famed British carmaker are reinforcing their partnership with their most original collaborative watch to date: the DEFY 21 Land Rover Edition.
This edition is a rugged and stealthy reinterpretation of the 21st century El Primero high-frequency chronograph, embodying the resilient spirit of the new Land Rover Defender that combines the ultimate in ruggedness and comfort.
A limited edition of 250 pieces, it represents a complete makeover of the 1/100th of a second chronograph with a raw and minimalistic look. Crafted in microblasted titanium, the case absorbs light from all angles to better accentuate its faceted surfaces. Paired with a matching closed grey dial, the redesigned display features for the first time in a DEFY 21 a linear power reserve window, with the slightest touches of color for legibility.
Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Chief Creative Officer, said: “For the next chapter in our partnership with Zenith we wanted a timepiece that captured the essence of the new Land Rover Defender: modern, durable and highly desirable. With subtle details that capture the character of the new Defender, this for me is the best timepiece we have created with Zenith”.
Zenith DEFY 21 Land Rover Edition
· Reference: 97.9000.9004/01.R787
· Key points: Tribute to the legendary Defender. 1/100th of a second chronograph movement. Exclusive dynamic signature of one rotation per second. 1 escapement for the Watch (36,000 VpH - 5 Hz); 1 escapement for the Chronograph (360,000 VpH - 50 Hz). Special linear power reserve indicator. TIME LAB Chronometer certified. Limited edition of 250 units
· Movement: El Primero 9004 automatic
· Frequency: 36,000 VpH (5 Hz)
· Power reserve: approx. 50 hours
· Functions: 1/100th of a second chronograph functions. Chronograph, power-reserve, indication at 12 o'clock. Hours and minutes in the centre. Small seconds at 9 o'clock, Central chronograph hand, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock, 60-second counter at 6 o'clock
· Material: Microblasted Titanium
· Water resistance: 10 ATM
· Dial: Special matt grey dial with special power reserve indicator
· Hour markers: transferred and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C3
· Hands: Special anthracite hands, faceted and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C3
· Bracelet & Buckle: Grey Rubber “Adventure”. Comes with an additional “Country” fabric effect strap. Microblasted titanium double folding buckle
The price for the Zenith DEFY 21 Land Rover Edition is CHF 13,900 and is limited edition of 250 pieces.