Zenith Defy El Primero 21 Carbon (Specifications and Price)
A chronograph wristwatch at the pinnacle of precision, the Zenith DEFY El Primero 21 is equipped with a revolutionary movement that marks the 21st century chapter of the El Primero chronograph calibre’s enduring legacy, once again raising the bar in performance in a uniquely styled package. Now, the futuristic chronograph comes in its most outstanding iteration to date: DEFY El Primero 21 Carbon.
A high-performance, unprecedented calibre such as the El Primero 21 deserves a resolutely contemporary design, while remaining faithful to the Zenith El Primero heritage of boundary-pushing precision. Featuring a combination of straight lines and angles, the geometric facets of the case perfectly complement the voluminous architecture of the openworked movement. The highest frequency chronograph ever to be serially produced now comes in a lightweight and robust carbon fibre case.
Precision in Futuristic Form
There’s something truly inimitable about carbon fibre. The high-tech composite material is lightweight yet extremely durable. It makes a statement while remaining subdued. It plays with light and reveals a unique visual effect caused by the alternating layers of carbon fibres that are randomly arranged, making each case essentially unique. Its captivating visual effect is stealthy and edgy at once, giving the material a versatile and easily wearable aspect. And with this version of the DEFY El Primero 21, it’s not just the faceted case and round bezel that are forged from carbon, but also the crown and chronograph pushers.
Completing the ergonomics of the DEFY El Primero 21 Carbon is a choice of two straps: a black textured rubber strap, and a special rubber strap with a carbon effect for the ultimate urbanite look.
Edgier Look for an Unrivaled Function
With a case as otherworldly as carbon, it’s only natural that the movement and dial are made to match its mysterious allure. For the first time in the DEFY El Primero 21, the cutting-edge 1/100 second chronograph calibre operating at a phenomenal and unrivaled rate of 360’000 vibrations per hour (50 Hz) is given a deep black treatment, allowing the gleaming edges of the innovatory skeleton movement to shine through the dark.
The open dial is also black, yet remains effortlessly legible with its contrasting white markings. The hour, minute and constant seconds hands, like the applied hour markers, are faceted with a dark ruthenium coating and filled with black SuperLuminova that gives off a subtle glow in the dark. Keeping the emphasis on its unrivaled high-speed chronograph function, the central 1/100 second hand and seconds and minutes totalisers have blackened hands with bright red tips. A look that embodies Zenith’s neo-futuristic, architectural design ethos to create the timepieces of tomorrow for the style-conscious watch aficionados of today.
Zenith Defy El Primero 21 Carbon
Unique Selling Points
· New 44 mm Full Carbon case (included pushers & Crown)
· 1/100th of a second chronograph movement
· Exclusive dynamic signature of one rotation per second
· 1 escapement for the Watch (36,000 VpH - 5 Hz);
· 1 escapement for the Chronograph (360,000 VpH - 50 Hz)
· TIME LAB-Chronometer certified
· Black movement finish
· El Primero 9004 automatic
· Calibre: 14¼``` (Diameter: 32.80 mm)
· Thickness: 7.9 mm
· Components: 293
· Jewels: 53
· Frequency 36,000 VpH (5 Hz)
· Power reserve approx. 50 hours
· Special oscillating weight with “circular satin-brushed” motif
· 1/100th of a second chronograph functions
· Chronograph power-reserve indication at 12 o'clock
· Hours and minutes in the centre
· Small seconds at 9 o'clock
- Central chronograph hand
- 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock
- 60-second counter at 6 o'clock
Case, Dial & Hands
· Diameter: 44 mm
· Diameter opening: 35.5 mm
· Thickness: 14.50 mm
· Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
· Case back: Transparent sapphire crystal
· Material: Carbon
· Water resistance: 10 ATM
· Dial: Black Openworked
· Hour markers: Ruthenium-plated, faceted and coated with black Super-LumiNova
· Hands: Ruthenium-plated, faceted and coated with black Super-LumiNova
Straps And Buckle
· Black Rubber Strap
· Titanium & Carbon double folding clasp with Black DLC coating
· Additional special Black Rubber strap with Carbon effect included
The price for the Zenith Defy El Primero 21 Carbon is CHF 18,900.