Zenith El Primero A384 Revival Gay Frères Ladder Bracelet (Price, Pictures and Specs)
There are not many movements that can claim the kind of pedigree enjoyed by the El Primero, which celebrated its 50th anniversary last year. For the first model to be equipped with the groundbreaking movement in 1969, the A384, the brand worked on a new and daring case design.
For the bracelet, they sought the expertise of the famed Gay Frères specialist company to create an original and exclusive bracelet that would match the watch’s avant-garde design.
The result was the so-called “ladder” bracelet, which featured an unusual open design that boasted superior comfort and a dressier look compared to other sporty steel bracelets of the time. Now, the coveted Ladder bracelet makes its grand return in the Zenith A384 Revival, completing the retro look and feel of the revived chronograph icon.
Zenith El Primero A384 Revival Gay Frères Ladder Bracelet
· Reference: 03.A384.400/21.M384
· Key points: Revival of the 1969 Reference A384. Original case with 37 mm diameter. Automatic El Primero column-wheel chronograph. Original Revival of the “Gay Frères” ladder bracelet
· Movement: El Primero 400 Automatic
· Frequency:36,000 VpH (5 Hz)
· Power-reserve: min. 50 hours
· Functions: Hours and minutes in the centre. Small seconds at 9 o'clock
· Chronograph: Central chronograph hand, 12-hour counter at 6 o'clock, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock. Tachymetric scale. Date indication at 4:30
· Material: Stainless steel
· Water-resistance: 5 ATM
· Dial: White-lacquered dial with black-coloured counters
· Hour-markers: Rhodium-plated, faceted and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C3
· Hands: Rhodium-plated, faceted and coated with Super-LumiNova SLN C3
· Bracelet & Buckle: “Ladder” bracelet with double folding clasp
The price for the Zenith El Primero A384 Revival Gay Frères Ladder Bracelet is CHF 8,400.