Zenith Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Silver (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Zenith has chosen its iconic Pilot line to introduce its first ever timepiece with a silver case. Renowned for its unique heritage and extensive range of appealing choices, the Pilot line offers the ideal platform for this new high-flyer issued in a 250-piece limited edition.
Zenith is the watch brand that holds the trademark for the “Pilot” name, naturally giving it special legitimacy in the realm of aviation timepieces. Powered by high-precision mechanical “engines” in the shape of Zenith Manufacture movements, these are models distinguished by reliability, readability and robustness.
The Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Silverchannels the collection’s pioneering spirit as well as Zenith’s acclaimed history of onboard instruments developed during the early years of aeronautics. Water-resistant to 100 metres, the 45 mm-diameter silver case is duly inscribed on the back with the Zenith flying instruments logo in tribute to its origins.
The instantly identifiable wide ratcheted Pilot crown ensuring quick and easy adjustment, while the clearly legible brushed silver riveted dial bears the line’s emblematic outsize hour-markers and likewise oversized faceted luminescent hours, minutes and seconds hands. The accuracy of these indications is ensured by an automatic Zenith Elite 679 calibre endowed with a generous 50-hour power reserve. Securing this rugged model securely to the wrist is a brown calfskin leather strap with a rivet and silver pin buckle, along with a distinctive tab recalling those featured on vintage pilot helmets.
Zenith Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Silver
· Genuine Silver 925 case: Limited Edition of 250 units
· Case-back engraved with Zenith flying instruments logo
· Inspired by the legendary Zenith aviation watches
· Arabic numerals entirely made of SuperLuminova
· Elite 679, Automatic
· Calibre: 11 ½``` (Diameter: 25.60mm)
· Movement thickness: 3.85mm
· Components: 126
· Jewels: 27
· Frequency: 28,800 VpH (4Hz)
· Power-reserve: min. 50 hours
· Finishing: Oscillating weight with “Côtes de Genève” motif
· Hours and minutes in the centre
· Central seconds hand
Case, Dial & Hands:
· Diameter: 45mm
· Diameter opening: 37.8mm
· Thickness: 14.25mm
· Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
· Case-back: Silver case-back engraved with the Zenith flying instruments logo
· Material: Silver 925
· Water-resistance: 10 ATM
· Dial: Brushed riveted dial with shiny reflections
· Hour-markers Arabic numerals in SuperLuminova SLN C1
· Hands Rhodium-plated, faceted and coated with SuperLuminova SLN C1
Strap & Buckle:
Brown calfskin leather strap with a rivet
Silver pin buckle
The price for the Zenith Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Silver is $7,700.