Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
Over the last 30 years, scientists calculate we have lost 50 percent of the world’s coral reefs to coral bleaching and man-made causes. Worse, without direct action, coral reefs could become extinct inside 80 years.
Oris, which is on a mission to bring Change for the Better, supports a number of non-profits working to secure the future of our oceans. This year, Oris is partnering again with Coral Restoration Foundation, a Florida-based organization that has become the world’s leading expert on coral restoration.
Earlier this year, Oris released the first Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition, a 50-piece limited edition gold version of the Aquis GMT diver’s watch (please read more about here), to raise funds and awareness for the foundation. Now, Oris is releasing a second piece in stainless steel, limited to 2,000 pieces and also produced in support of the foundation.
Why? While they cover just 1 percent of the Earth’s surface, coral reefs support at least 25 percent of all marine fish species. In turn, these sustain the health of our oceans, which produce 70 percent of the world’s oxygen. Our planet depends on their survival.
They also contribute hugely to the world’s economy. It’s estimated that coral reefs have a global value of close to $10 trillion.
“Coral reefs are a critical part of a healthy ocean and provide essential ecosystem services,” says Martha Roesler, Coral Restoration Foundation’s Chief Development Officer.
The Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition is a watch for the future of our planet.
Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition
The third watch Oris has produced in support of Coral Restoration Foundation is limited to 2,000 pieces and cased in steel. It can show the time in three time zones simultaneously using the 24-hour scale laser-engraved into the ceramic bezel
· Reference: 798 7754 4185-Set RS
· Case: Multi-piece stainless steel case, bi-directional rotating blue and black (day/ night) ceramic bezel with GMT scale
· Size: 43.50 mm (1.713 inches)
· Dial: Blue gradient
· Luminous material: Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova
· Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
· Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings
· Operating devices: Stainless steel screw-in security crown
· Bracelet: Stainless steel metal bracelet, or orange rubber strap, both with stainless steel security folding clasp with extension
· Water resistance: 30 bars (300 m)
· Movement: Oris 798
· Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes, seconds and 24 hours, date window, instantaneous date, date and 24-hour corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
· Winding: Automatic
· Power reserve: 42 hours
· Limited edition: 2,000 pieces, each presented in a special box made using sustainable algae
The price for the Oris Carysfort Reef Limited Edition ref. 798 7754 4185-Set RS is CHF 2,850 on bracelet and CHF 2,650 on strap and will be available from June 2020.