Yema Flygraf Pilot (Price, Pictures and Specifications)
The aviation world has been a great source of inspiration for Yema since its creation in 1948, specially for its iconic Flygraf collection. Being a historic partner of the CNES (French National Center for Space studies) since 1982 and after obtaining, once again an official partnership with the French Air Force in 2020 (please read more about here), Yema now welcomes a new ambassador, Samy Mason. The French watchmaker and this talented professional aerobatic pilot from California introduce the Flygraf Pilot.
Young Aerobatic Professional Pilot
It took Samy, son and grandson of pilots, only 3 days after his birth to board the family Piper Club flown by his mother. Now 26 years old, Sammy has over 3200 flight hours on nearly 60 different aircrafts. At only 19, Samy becomes the youngest American aerobatic team member in advanced category and wins his first title. At 21, he does it once again by joining the EAA AIR Venture and again in Red Bull Air Race where he becomes the youngest pilot to fly in this world-renowned competition.
With 12 prizes obtained, Sammy continues to have fun in the air through numerous competitions and today accepts a new challenge by collaborating with a watchmaker in order to design a brand new Flygraf. Thought and drawn in collaboration with Samy Mason, the Flygraf M1 and M2 are designed for all enthusiasts of the aviation world.
The Yema Flygraf Pilot was first designed for today's flight crew and therefore aims to be efficient and reliable. The primary characteristic of a watch is to tell the time, which is why this new Flygraf sports an ultra-readable and refined dial, inspired by military aviation watches from the 1960s. Water resistant to 300m, this timepiece has been designed to accompany the pilots in all circumstances.
The Yema Flygraf Pilot is equipped with the in-house movement MBP1000 and is available in black dial (M1) and grey dial (M2).
Yema Flygraf Pilot
· Movement: Yema MBP1000 in-house automatic calibre;Self-winding with ball bearings rotor; 31 Rubies; 28 800 A/h; Accuracy: Minimum accuracy of +/- 12 seconds per day; Observed accuracy of +/- 6 seconds per day; Adjustments and checks made before and after assembly by our watchmakers
· Power Reserve: 45 hours
· Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds
· Case: 39 diameter - 316L stainless steel case, brushed stainless steel bezel
· Dial & Hands: Black matt dial (Flygraf Pilot M1); Grey matt dial (Flygraf Pilot M2); SuperLuminova BGW9
· Crystal: Sapphire flat crystal
· Band: Black Canvas band or black vintage leather band
· Made in France
The price for the Yema Flygraf Pilot is US$ 690.